Other local companies have their staff come along to Stress Solutions Clinic (Manchester) on a monthly basis.
Matthew has previously worked with doctors and nurses within the NHS with their own stress related conditions. One trial visit at Northampton general which was expected to last two weeks proved so successful that the then Director of Medicine (Mrs R.McGee) extended the Stress Solutions work period to 32 weeks as the treatments proved so popular with the staff.
Another example of increased staff health and production is in Sweden. Odense Post Office staff have had reflexology treatments since 1990. Reports show a 13% reduction in sickness and absenteeism, saving around £100,000 a year.
SOME BENEFITS FOUND AT WORK FOR HAVING TREATMENTS
- Reduction and prevention of stress related conditions.
- The ability of staff to cope more effectively under pressure.
- Speedy recovery and return to work after illness, accident or surgery.
- Pain relief and prevention for stress related conditions, such as headaches, migraines etc.
- Can enhance staff resilience and resistance to infection and disease.
- Works well with conventional medicine so offers optimum care for your staff.
- Increases morale, satisfaction and loyalty of the staff.
- Enhances concentration, efficiency and accuracy.
- Improves creativity, planning and decision making.
- 1.7million working days a year are lost through stress related conditions, adding up to annual losses of £7billion for industry.
- A government backed study carried out at Bristol University concluded that one in five workers suffers from extreme stress.
- Back pain, the most common cause of sickness absence from work, costs the economy more than £5billion a year with 11million working days being lost.
- Housing officer Beverley Lancaster received a record £67,000 compensation for stress brought on through her work.
CAN YOUR COMPANY AFFORD NOT TO HAVE STRESS SOLUTIONS?
Please call or email to discuss corporate rates.